Pursuant to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) program known as Secure Communities (or S-Comm), her fingerprints were immediately sent to ICE and she was transferred into ICE custody even though no charges were filed against her.
Unfortunately this type of injustice is not isolated, this is happening every day in over 600 counties across the country as a result of this rapidly spreading, dangerous police/ICE collaboration program. Please join us in demanding that counties be allowed to opt out of S-Comm by signing a petition to Secretary Janet Napolitano. Sign the petition at bit.ly/optoutnow
Under S-Comm, local law enforcement automatically shares with ICE any fingerprints taken right after individuals are arrested, even if the criminal charges are eventually dismissed or if it’s the result of an unlawful arrest. This secretive program is roping in local law enforcement to execute ICE’s goals of arresting, detaining, and deporting immigrants in record numbers while destroying any trust from immigrant communities in local law enforcement in the process.
Secure Communities has sparked inspiring opposition. Arlington, Virginia; San Francisco, California; and Santa Clara, California are all requesting to get out of the program. But now Secretary Napolitano wants to coerce these and all counties into participating.
Join advocates from all over the country in fighting against this unjust program!
Click on this link to sign a petition demanding that Secretary Napolitano immediately allows counties to opt-out of S-Comm: http://bit.ly/optoutnow.
· Arab Resource and Organizing Center
· ACLU Northern California
· Arlington Coalition Against the Secure Communities Program
· Asian Law Alliance
· Asian Law Caucus
· Asian Pacific American Legal Center
· California Immigrant Police Center
· Central American Resource Center
· Center for Constitutional Rights
· Center for Employment Training
· Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
· Community United Against Violence
· DC Jobs with Justice
· Dolores Street Community Services
· Immigrant Legal Resource Center
· Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc.
· La Collectiva
· La Raza Centro Legal
· Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
· Legal Services for Children
· Mujeres Unidas y Activas
· National Lawyers Guild, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
· Sacred Heart Community Services
· Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network
· SF Day Labor Program
· SF Immigrant Legal and Education Network
· SF Immigrant Rights Defense Committee
· Silicon Valley DeBug
· Somos Mayfair
· Steering Committee for Immigration Reform, JFI San Jose
· Tenants and Workers United
· National Day Laborer Organizing Network